Thursday, February 11, 2021

Feature Interview Questions & Answers

 Good Morning Blog, 


The day has finally come. ITS INTERVIEW TIME ! Today I have 16 year old, Ms. Dejia Bess with me here ready to answer 16 questions about the origin, progress, and future of her business. Young Black Leaders in business are often overlooked, and the purpose of my interview and feature story is to highlight a leader of the future! Her responses are as follows: 

1. Can you tell me a bit more about yourself? My name is Dejia, I’m 16 years old and I love trying new restaurants with my mom. I spend a lot of my time with her.  Im a praise dancer at my church & I love singing

2.   What’s your background? Where are you from?  I’m from Miami, FL. I’ve lived in the same home since I was born. I took a DNA Test in 2019 and I was shocked found out that I’m Nigerian, Sierra Leonen, and other countries from Africa. I’m also from some European countries & not American at all!

3. When did you start your business? I came up with my idea for my business on April 30th, 2020 & launched May 18th, 2020.

4. Who/What inspired you to get into starting a business of your own? I was inspired to start a business of my own because the stuff I wanted people sold for too much money so I had I’d get my hands on it & sell for cheaper, I also enjoy having my own money & it gives me some experience for the future.

5. Where did the name originate from? What is the mission/purpose of your company? Our Purpose is to make our ‘Baby Beauties’ feel more embellished, sophisticated, and stylish in our items✨. Embellishments are just additional decorations to make something look more attractive

6. What items do you sell? I sell multiple accessories such as handbags, sunglasses, jewelry, and more

7. How has the pandemic affected your business? (either positively or negative) The pandemic affected my business positively. I was able to start my business because of the pandemic and it made it easier to sell because everyone was buying things online anyway

8. What would you say to another little black girl that wants to start a business, but is reluctant to do so?  To any other young girl who would like to start a business I’d say “Go for it! Have no regrets about yesterday! The earlier you start the sooner you’re financially free!”

9. Where do you see yourself and your business in the next 5 years? In the next 5 years I see me starting another one while this one works for itself & investing in other businesses 

10. What is the next product/products you plan to launch? I recently launched a new sunglasses collection. I'm not sure what future products I plan to launch. 

11. Any ugly truths of becoming a CEO you would like to share? Some ugly truths about becoming a CEO are feeling that there’s someone with better prices, advertisement, and audience engagement at all times. You constantly feel like you could be doing more. You contemplate a lot & the lack of motivation is REAL. Staying focus & being patient is very important!!

12. What skills have you learned from being a small business owner that will help you in your future career/endeavors? Being a CEO has taught me how to negotiate, multitask, and draw people in based on information I have on them. I’ve already learned to be more patient, stable, & determined when no one else sees my vision.

13. Who is your biggest support team, and where are they know? My entire family, that’s all they talk about & constantly ask me how it’s doing

14. If you could collab with any other business, small or big, who would it be and why? I’d collaborate with Boujee Collectables because she is very helpful & creative with her photos & products. I love the look of her brand

15. Going into business can be a risk and a blessing. Have you had any bad customer experiences thus far? I’ve had a customer unhappy about her chain however it wasn’t bad because I just offered her a new one. Other than that I haven’t had any issues, I try to communicate if there are any delays so I’ve never had any bad comments on anything.

16. What is your favorite about running Beautis Embellishments? My 2nd favorite thing about running Beauti Embellishments is creating the product names. They’re unique & adds my personal touch to all of it. My FAVORITE thing is PACKING ORDERS🥰it’s just awesome, the feeling is great. I pack them with lots of love & send them off with a smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection Question 4

 Good Morning Blog,  Question 4 - How did you integrate technologies -- software, hardware and online -- in this project?  Here is the link ...