Sunday, November 1, 2020

How to make a survey


Today in class, I was introduced to surveys and the purpose behind them. Often times, publishers of films or magazines may distribute a survey or questionnaire, prior to the official release date to gain insight on what could be improved according to the audiences' preferences. Constructing a survey can enlighten me on my target audience, title suggestions, gender percentage, suggested color schemes, and gain opinions on important design aspects of my magazine. I want to make my magazine as appealing to a large audience as possible, it is important that I create an effective survey to poll my constituents.

I did some research on how to make a survey and my findings are as follows: 

  1. Navigate to https://docs.google.com/forms/ and click Blank. ...
  2. Name your survey. ...
  3. Tap on Untitled Question and write a question.
  4. Click Multiple choice.
  5. Select an option for how the question will be answered. ...
  6. Click the side menu icons to add to your survey.
  7. Click the Required switch to make a question mandatory.

With this gathered information, I will begin my survey process. I intend on researching various examples of surveys on magazines of various backgrounds to gain a general overview on the type of questions I should ask. Following this, I will narrow my search to magazines with similar themes as mine, and determine a set of 12 questions to poll my constituents. The results of the survey will only available for one year, making year-to-year comparisons difficult, solely focusing on this years participants.

 

Sources:

 https://www.canva.com/design/DAENJjenUhw/Px0kbHSrvlEQyktOqDP9Bg/edit?layoutQuery=suggestions

https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/create-survey-google-forms

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection Question 4

 Good Morning Blog,  Question 4 - How did you integrate technologies -- software, hardware and online -- in this project?  Here is the link ...