Thursday, October 1, 2020

Determining my House Style

 

After the extensive research I conducted this past week, I think its time I begin my brainstorming process on the house style I will be using. My magazine will be centered on African American culture and aimed to highlight Black Excellence. I will include stories on Black lifestyle and all aspects of it. Although my magazine will be geared towards African Americans, I want it to still be appealing to an audience of all backgrounds interested in our culture. Therefore, my house style will have to be professional looking as well as aesthetically pleasing and easy to digest. 

    For my magazine, I want my mast head to be big and bold with capital letters of a unique font. As mentioned in my previous blog, I found that most African American magazines use this house style, which has proven to be effective. I will incorporate a large main image of a captivating, yet influential figure. I intend for my color scheme to be 'neutrals with a pop !' This will be kept constant from entry to entry to keep my brand recognizable to my audience. However, the pop of color chosen w

ill depend on the topic of the issue and the matter at hand. I would make sure that my grammar is proper, and use conventions that will make my magazine look appealing.  

    All in all, This process is slowly but surely increasingly excitement to just dive in and start my magazine ! These are just a few ideas i brainstormed, and I plan to continue my research to find the perfect house style for my brand. 


Image sources:https://www.canva.com/design/DAEJnaKEyYU/yI84Gf3guFNNhYbKmMoogw/edit?layoutQuery=thinking+on+computer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection Question 4

 Good Morning Blog,  Question 4 - How did you integrate technologies -- software, hardware and online -- in this project?  Here is the link ...